Friday, January 15, 2010

Choice stuff I saw today

Let's be honest. We're all hanging out for next week - it's a goodie. There's Camera Obscura (swoooooon), Neko Case (I don't care, I dig on her) and then of course... CAMP CAMP CAMP. I'm hoping weather improves and it's not shit house like it is today. Once though I went to a similar thing to camp in the States and it poured with rain for the first day and it meant there were mud baths to be had. Well, I threw someone in and that resulted in war. It was fun. Ahem. Anyway. OK so I was trekking around town today and saw the following choice things:
  1. A delightful lady with strawberry blonde hair in the cutest sailor coat I have ever seen. Whoever you are, you a delight!
  2. This girl fell over on the wet cobbles - don't laugh I just about did as well - that wasn't choice but the three guys who rushed over to help her up were lovely lads. And dressed spectacularly well.
  3. Some other people must swoon at the sight of the waiters at Duke Carvell's in their dashing waistcoats and jaunty hats? They're gorgeous.
  4. Buskers on Cuba. Now that they are not playing Christmas carols, they're all good. And show more dedication than I ever have by getting out there in the rain.
  5. The group sitting on the balcony of their house in Cuba playing Honky Tonk Woman really loud. Rolling Stones fix it.
Go forth and boogie down people! Or stay home, snuggle on the couch and watch crappy movies, or combine the two (sort of) and go watch Fantastic Mr. Fox. You will not be disappointed.


That's it from me for the week, I hope you all enjoyed the first week of You Are Choice. There is lots on the cards for next week including an extra special post on Monday for a really awesome cause.

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered this blog through Facebook (great marketing campaign btw), I also have seen lots of ladies in sailor coats around Wellington this year. Tis unfortunate considering it is February....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunate in terms of the weather? I agree! Although I do love the sailor coat look a lot. I always dreamed of running away to the sea. Sadly, I don't think they get to wear such cute clothes.

    ReplyDelete